Cavallo Studs for Hoof Boots give your horse a better grip in slippery conditions such as ice, mud, and snow.
- 12 pieces
- studs or also known as turkeys
- stud key can be ordered separately in the shop
What you need to know about Studs:
- Make sure the shoes fit properly
- Make sure your horse is used to the hoof boots
- Use studs on both for shoes or all four for a good balance
- Do not use studs on a hard surface
- Be aware that studded horses can injure others
- When drilling, make sure that the stud does not go past the sole
- Be careful when using studs with athletic hoof boots as the sole tread is thinner than with Simple hoof shoes
- Studs can penetrate older sport hoof boots with worn soles
- Always use common sense when driving on slippery roads
- Hoof boots provide extra grip, but they do have their limits!
Mounting the Studs is easy!
- Pre-drill 1/8 inch holes with a 3/16 inch drill bit.
- Lock the stud in place on the end of the special key.
- Place the end of the stud over the pre-drilled hole.
- Slowly drill the stud into the sole until the base of the stud touches the sole.