Terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Art of Riding, established in Zutphen, valid from 01-05-2020.
Table of contents:
Article 1 - Definitions
The following definitions apply in these terms and conditions:
- Consideration time: the period within which the consumer can make use of this return right;
- Consumer: the natural person who does not act of a profession or business and who enters a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
- Day: calendar day;
- Duration transaction: a distance agreement regard to a series of products and, or services, the delivery and, or purchase obligation of which is spread over time;
- Sustainable data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is addressed to him personally in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored data.
- Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to cancel the distance agreement within the cooling-off period;
- Return form: the return form for withdrawal that the entrepreneur makes available that a consumer can fill in when he wants to make use of his right of withdrawal.
- Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who offers products and services to consumers at a distance;
- Distance agreement: an agreement whereby within the framework of a system organized by the entrepreneur for distance selling of products and services, until the conclusion of the agreement use is made exclusively of one or more techniques for distance communication;
- Technology for distance communication: means to used and agree, without the consumer and trader being in the same place at the same time.
- General Terms and Conditions: the present General Terms and Conditions of the entrepreneur.
Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
Article 3 - Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply to every offer from the entrepreneur and every distance agreement and orders between the entrepreneur and consumer.
- Before the distance agreement is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions is made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is completed, it will be indicated that the general terms and conditions can be viewed at the entrepreneur. They will be sent free of charge as soon as possible at the request of the consumer.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, notwithstanding the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is completed, the text of these general terms and conditions can be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that the consumer can be easily stored on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated where the general terms and conditions can be consulted electronically and that they will be sent free of charge electronically or otherwise at the request of the consumer.
- If specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply mutatis mutandis. In the event of conflicting general terms and conditions, the consumer can always invoke the applicable provision that is most relevant to him. is beneficial.
- If one or more provisions in these general terms and conditions are at any time wholly or partially invalid or become void, the rest of the agreement and these terms and conditions will remain in force, and the provision in question will be replaced without delay by a provision that as much as possible of the original.
- Situations that are not regulated in these terms and conditions must be assessed 'in the spirit' of these terms and conditions.
- Uncertainties about the interpretation or content of one or more provisions of our terms and conditions must be explained: "in the spirit" of these terms and conditions.
Article 4 - The offer
- If an offer has a limited duration or is subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
- The offer is without obligation. The entrepreneur is entitled to change and adjust the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and services offered. The report is sufficiently detailed to enable a proper assessment of the proposal by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images, these are an accurate representation of the products and services offered. Apparent mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
- All images, specifications, data in the offer are indicative and cannot give rise to compensation or termination of the agreement.
- Images for products are an accurate representation of the products offered. The entrepreneur cannot guarantee that the displayed colors exactly match the real colors of the products.
- Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer. This concerns in particular:
- the price including taxes;
- the possible costs of shipment;
- how the agreement will be concluded and which actions are required for this;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal is applicable;
- the method of payment, delivery, and implementation of the agreement;
- the period for accepting the offer, or the period within which the entrepreneur guarantees the price;
- the level of the rate for distance communication if the costs of using the technique for distance communication calculated on a basis other than the regular basic tariff for the means of communication used;
- whether the agreement will be archived after its conclusion, and if so, how the consumer can access this;
- how the consumer, before agreeing, can check the data provided by him in the context of the agreement and, if desired, restore it;
- any other languages in which, in addition to Dutch, the contract can be concluded;
- the codes of conduct to which the trader is subject and how the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically; and
- the minimum duration of the distance agreement in the event of an expensive transaction.
Article 5 - The agreement
- The agreement is concluded, subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, at the moment of acceptance by the consumer of the offer and compliance with the corresponding conditions.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur will immediately confirm receipt of the acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the entrepreneur has not confirmed receipt of this acceptance, the consumer can terminate the agreement.
- If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data, and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate security measures.
- The entrepreneur can - within the law - inform himself if the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a sound conclusion of the distance agreement. If, based on this investigation, the entrepreneur has good reasons not to agree, and he is entitled to refuse an order or request or to attach special conditions to the implementation.
- The entrepreneur will send the following information with the product or service to the consumer, in writing or in such a way that the consumer can store it in an accessible manner on a durable medium:
- In the event of an expensive transaction, the provision in the previous paragraph applies only to the first delivery.
- Every agreement is entered into under the suspensive conditions of sufficient availability of the products concerned.
Article 6 - Right of withdrawal
When delivering products:
- When purchasing products, the consumer has the option of dissolving the contract for 14 days without giving any reason. This cooling-off period starts on the day following receipt of the product by the consumer or a representative designated in advance by the consumer and announced to the entrepreneur.
- During the cooling-off period, the consumer will handle the product and the packaging with care. He will only unpack or fit the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he makes use of the right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all accessories supplied with original cards to the product and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, by the reasonable and transparent information provided by the entrepreneur instructions.
- If the consumer wishes to make use of his right of withdrawal, he is obliged to make this known to the entrepreneur within 14 days of receiving the product. The consumer must make this known using the model form. After the consumer has indicated that he wants to make use of his right of withdrawal, the customer must return the product within 14 days. The consumer must prove that the goods delivered were returned on time, for example, using proof of shipment.
- If, after the expiry of the periods referred to in paragraphs 2 and 3, the customer has not indicated that he wishes to make use of his right of withdrawal, respectively. The product has not been returned to the entrepreneur; the purchase is a fact.
Upon delivery of services:
- Upon delivery of services, the consumer has the option to dissolve the agreement without giving any reason for at least 14 days, starting on the day of agreeing.
- To make use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer will comply with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur with the offer and at the latest upon delivery.
Article 7 - Costs in case of withdrawal
- If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, the costs of the return shipment will be borne at most.
- If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than within 14 days after the withdrawal. This is subject to the condition that the product has already been received back by the online retailer, or conclusive proof of complete return can be submitted. Reimbursement will be made via the same payment method used by the consumer unless the consumer gives explicit permission for a different payment method.
- In the event of damage to the product due to improper handling by the consumer himself, the consumer is liable for any depreciation of the product. If clear usage steps have been observed, 30% will be deducted from the sales value of the product concerned.
- When removing the attached tickets to the product, €15,- as usage and administration costs will be charged.
- The consumer cannot be held liable for a reduction in the value of the product if the entrepreneur has not provided all legally required information about the right of withdrawal, this must be done before the conclusion of the purchase agreement.
Article 8 - Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
- The entrepreneur can exclude the consumer's right of withdrawal for products as described in paragraphs 2 and 3. The exclusion of the right of withdrawal only applies if the entrepreneur has clearly stated this in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the agreement.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
a. that have been established by the entrepreneur by the consumer's specifications;
b. that is personal;
c. that cannot be returned due to their nature;
d. that can spoil or age quickly;
e. whose price depends on fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
f. for hygienic products of which the consumer has broken the seal.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
concerning accommodation, transport, restaurant business or leisure activities to be carried out on a specific date or during a certain period;
b. whose delivery has begun with the express consent of the consumer before the cooling-off period has expired;
Article 9 - The price
- During the validity period stated in the offer, the prices of the products and services offered are not increased, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur can offer products or services with variable prices that are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the entrepreneur has no influence. This link to changes and the fact that any stated prices are target prices are stated in the offer.
- Price increases within three months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the entrepreneur has stipulated this and:
a. they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions; or
b. the consumer has the authority to cancel the agreement with effect from the day on which the price increase takes effect.
- The prices stated in the range of products or services include VAT.
- All prices are subject to printing and typing errors. No liability is accepted for the consequences of printing and typesetting errors. In the case of printing and typing errors, the entrepreneur is not obliged to deliver the product at the wrong price.
Article 10 - Conformity and Warranty
- The entrepreneur guarantees that the products and services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and usability, and the legal provisions existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement and government regulations. If agreed, the entrepreneur also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
- A guarantee provided by the entrepreneur, manufacturer, or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that the consumer can assert against the entrepreneur under the agreement.
- Any defects or incorrectly delivered products must be reported in writing to the entrepreneur within four weeks of delivery. The return of the products must be in the original packaging and new condition.
- The warranty period of the entrepreneur corresponds to the factory warranty period. However, the entrepreneur is never responsible for the ultimate suitability of the products for each application by the consumer, nor for any advice regarding the use or application of the products.
- The warranty does not apply if:
- The consumer has repaired and modified the delivered products himself or had them repaired and modified by third parties;
- The delivered products have been exposed to abnormal circumstances or are otherwise carelessly treated or are contrary to the instructions of the entrepreneur and have been treated on the packaging;
- The defectiveness is wholly or partly the result of regulations that the government has or will set concerning the nature or quality of the materials used.
Article 11 - Delivery and implementation
- The entrepreneur will take the highest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
- With due observance of what is stated about this in paragraph 4 of this article, the company will execute accepted orders with expected speed but at the latest within 30 days, unless the consumer has agreed to a more extended delivery period. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the consumer will be notified of this no later than 30 days after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to terminate the agreement without costs. The consumer is not entitled to compensation.
- All delivery times are indicative. The consumer cannot derive any rights from any specified period. Exceeding a term does not entitle the consumer to compensation.
- In the event of termination by paragraph 3 of this article, the trader will refund the amount paid by the consumer as soon as possible, but no later than within 14 days after termination.
- If the delivery of an ordered product appears to be impossible, the entrepreneur will endeavor to make a replacement item available. At the latest on delivery, it will be stated clearly and understandably that a replacement item is delivered. For replacement items, the right of withdrawal can not be excluded. The costs of a possible return shipment are at the expense of the entrepreneur.
- The risk of damage and loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer or a representative designated in advance and made known to the entrepreneur unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
Article 12 - Duration of transactions: duration, cancellation, and extension
- The consumer can at all times cancel an agreement that has been entered into for an indefinite period, and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services with due observance of the agreed termination rules and a notice period of at most one month.
- The consumer can at all times terminate a contract that has been entered into for a definite period, and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services with due observance of the agreed termination rules and a cancellation period of at least one month at most.
- The consumer can the agreements mentioned in the previous paragraphs:
- cancel at any time and not be limited to cancellation at a specific time or within a particular period;
- at least cancel in the same way as they are entered into by him;
- always cancel with the same cancellation period as the entrepreneur has stipulated for himself.
- An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity), or services may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a specific duration.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, a contract that has been entered into for a definite period and that extends to the regular delivery of daily, weekly. Weekly newspapers and magazines may be tacitly renewed for a specific duration of a maximum of three months if the consumer concludes this extended contract against can terminate the extension with a notice period of at most one month.
- A contract that has been entered into for a fixed period and that extends to the regular delivery of products or services may only be tacitly renewed for an indefinite period if the consumer may cancel at any time with a notice period of at most one month. A notice period of at most three months in case the agreement extends to the regular, but less than once a month, delivery of daily, news, and weekly newspapers and magazines.
- A contract with a limited duration for the regular introduction of daily newspapers, news, and weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) is not tacitly continued and ends automatically after the trial or initial period.
- If an agreement has a duration of more than one year, the consumer may cancel the contract at any time after one year with a cancellation period of at most one month, unless reasonableness and fairness preclude cancellation before the end of the agreed duration.
Article 13 - Payment
- Unless otherwise agreed, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within seven working days after the start of the reflection period, as referred to in Article 6 paragraph 1. In the case of an agreement to provide a service, this period commences after the consumer has received the confirmation of the contract.
- The consumer must immediately report inaccuracies in payment data provided or stated to the entrepreneur.
- In the event of non-payment on the part of the consumer, the entrepreneur has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the reasonable consumer costs incurred in advance.
Article 14 - Complaints
- The entrepreneur has well-publicized complaints and deals with complaints under this procedure.
- Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be fully and clearly described and submitted to the entrepreneur within seven days after the consumer has found the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will respond within 14 days with a message of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved in mutual consultation, a dispute arises that is subject to the dispute settlement procedure.
- In the event of complaints, a consumer must, first of all, turn to the entrepreneur. If the web store is affiliated with Stichting WebwinkelKeur and complaints that cannot be resolved in mutual consultation, the consumer should contact Stichting WebwinkelKeur ( www.webwinkelkeur.nl ), which will mediate free of charge. Check if this web store has a current membership via https://www.webwinkelkeur.nl/leden/ . If a solution has not yet been reached, the consumer has the option of having his complaint handled by the independent disputes committee appointed by Stichting WebwinkelKeur, the decision is binding, and both the entrepreneur and the consumer agree with this binding decision. The submission of a dispute to this dispute committee involves costs that must be paid by the consumer to the relevant committee. It is also possible to report complaints via the European ODR platform ( http://ec.europa.eu/odr ).
- A complaint does not suspend the obligations of the entrepreneur unless the entrepreneur indicates otherwise in writing.
- If a complaint is found to be justified by the entrepreneur, the entrepreneur will, at its option, replace or repair the products supplied free of charge.
Article 15 - Disputes
- Agreements between the entrepreneur and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions apply are exclusively governed by Dutch law even if the consumer is living abroad.
- The Vienna Sales Convention does not apply.
Article 16 - Additional or different provisions
Additional provisions or provisions deviating from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be stored in an accessible manner on a durable medium.