Hackamore Fiore is the latest bridle of the brand Freedom Riding Articles available in the colors black and havana in the sizes pony, cob, and complete. The hackamore Fiore has an adjustable nose and chinstrap, a jawstrap, and a browband. The headpiece is anatomically shaped and softly padded. The noseband is wide and softly padded. The noseband and browband have a net-shaped pattern. The bridle is adjustable on the cheek pieces, and the shanks are attached with a Saumur closure. The hackamore Fiore bridle comes with a split smooth leather rein with buckle closures at the ends.
When to use
A hackamore is used as a refinement of the aids by a direct release. A direct release means that when the pressure of the reins disappears, the pressure of the bridle on the horse's head immediately. The hackamore is not intended as a full brake, but when horses pull the reins out of your hands or put their head in the air, it can be more clear as a boundary than a cross-under system.
How it works
A hackamore works like this; the pressure of the reins tilts the shanks backward and upwards. Those movements from the shanks create downward and backward pressure on the nose. The chinstrap tightens and puts pressure on the chin. The cheekpieces put pressure behind the horse's poll. The amount of pressure depends on the length of the shanks and the action of the rider's hand. The longer the shanks, the more pressure can be applied. With short shanks the effect is faster than with longer shanks.
- Ensure that the noseband is connected to the horse's head so that shifting is prevented and the hackamore has the right effect.
- The jaw strap fits snugly over the jaw to stabilize the nose strap and prevent the cheek pieces from sliding into the eyes due to the action of the shanks.
- The noseband should never lie too low on the nose, blocking the respiratory tract, and rest on the fragile nose bone.
- The top of the shanks has at least one finger width space between the sensitive cheekbone.
- The noseband is long enough so that the cheekpieces are not pulled forward but lie in a straight line down from the headpiece
- Black with silver-colored buckles and shanks
- Havana with silver-colored buckles and shanks
|wheel||barco||Flower 8 Rings|
|love||Justin|| || |
After use, wipe with a damp cloth. Grease if necessary or if used weekly, grease once a week.