The Cavemore Caval from the Freedom Riding Articles brand is a bitless bridle with a cavesson and hackamore combination. The bridle has a softly padded noseband and headpiece. Three movable rings are attached to the noseband, acting as a cavesson. The shanks will be applied to the cheekpieces for leverage. The bridle is widely adjustable on the cheek pieces, jaw strap, nose strap, and chin strap. The leather is of top quality and lasts for years, and requires minimal maintenance. The FRA Caval Cavemore comes with reins without center closure and concealed closures at the ends. The Caval Cavemore falls under system 2 of the Freedom Riding Articles bitless diagram.
- Complete Bitless bridle
- Top leather quality
- With shanks of your choice
- Anatomically shaped headpiece
- Softly padded nose, chin strap, and headpiece
- Wide adjustable noseband
- Three movable rings on the nose area
- Also available in large sizes
- Includes 14mm wide continuous rein
- Rings can be felt through the noseband.
- Not available in pony sizes
- Black with silver-colored buckles and rings
- Havana with silver-colored buckles and rings
|Measure||A: Nose circumference||B: Jaw strap||C: Headpiece||Noseband||Chinstrap||Browband|
|Cob||n.a||n.a||n.a||26 - 30 cm||15 - 21 cm||n.a|
|Full||n.a||n.a||n.a||30 - 34 cm||18 - 24 cm||n.a|
|Shire||n.a||n.a||n.a||34 - 38 cm||21 - 26 cm||n.a|
How the Cavemore acts:
A Cavemore is a bitless bridle and a combination between a hackamore and cavesson. The FRA Caval, in combination with a star, wheel, and flower shanks, has multiple holes that allow them to be used in different ways, also called a hybrid. Read more about this in our hackamore blog.
With cavesson function, you can ride with cavesson and hackamore simultaneously, for these two reins must be attached. This finishing up is exceptionally suitable for the Academic rider who educates the horse through groundwork or work by hand and then riding.
Category Bitless Diagram FRA:
- The hackamore falls under Category 2
- You can read more about the Bitless Diagram of FRA in the blog about the five systems.
The Caval is exceptionally suitable for the Academic rider and for straightening according to the Strightnes training. The Caval can be used during groundwork, lunging, work in hand, long lines, and driving.
After use, wipe with a damp cloth. Grease if necessary or once a week. You can read more information about leather maintenance in our leather maintenance